Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekly reflection 10-3-08

This week I spent 15 minutes in class doing an exercise to think about what objects I should bring in for my paragraph. Then I came home and looked around my room for 20 minutes trying to figure out what in my room describes me. Once I found one item I had to choose another item that wasn’t exactly the same as the other. After the class wrote about my stuff I went through the list and decided what I wanted to write about. Then I went home and looked for more things that described me. This was an interesting task. I debated on bringing in my yearbook because I didn’t want people to read what my friends wrote and laugh, but I went for it anyways. I spent 30 minutes in class brain storming and writing my rough draft. I then spent 15 minutes trying to add detail to my paragraph. Today in class i spent 20 minutes editing and revising my paper
While I was looking for objects I tended to get sidetracked. I picked up a photo album and started looking through the pictures and thinking about them. Then once I got out all of my yearbooks and went through each one, and looked at everything people wrote. It was sort of hard to look in my room and see what would stand out when people saw it.
Getting side tracked actually helped me with this paragraph. While I was looking through my pictures I was thinking about myself and being in a relationship. It made me think about what people would be thinking, and assuming if they looked at my albums. When I looked at my yearbook I thought the same thing. I tried to read each thing someone left, and think what on earth were they talking about and interpreted each message differently than its original meaning. It was an interesting brain storming process

No comments: